Published: November 8th, 2017
The Russian economy continues to be in a difficult situation and the main indicator here is the debt of the budgets of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation in the amount of 2.2 trillion rubles.
How to help the regions? What will be the driver of development? - these issues will be discussed on November 10 at the Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation for Industrial Development and Competitiveness of the Russian Economy.
Head of the Institute of Demography, Migration and Regional Development Yuri Krupnov, on the eve of his speech at the Council of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation about the main problems of Russian regional policy.
- Yuriy Vasilievich, how to provide financial security of the regions?
- Ensure the flow of money to the regions can only through investment and efficient industrial capacity. Unfortunately, no matter how many experts argue, there are no other real ways to attract finances to the regions and raise the level and quality of life of the population in this matter. The main task for today is an industrial breakthrough, accelerated industrialization, not only in every constituent entity of the Russian Federation, but also in each of the 1,814 municipal districts.
- What projects of branch management in the regions now exists?
- Thanks to the activity of the RF CCI Council on industrial development and the competitiveness of the Russian economy, over the past year and a half, numerous proposals were considered and about 50 projects of new national industries were developed - cross-cutting solutions that will be implemented throughout the Russian Federation. I will list only a few: the industry of cold transport, special machinery, the production of flax, technical hemp.
- Are there any changes in the current legislation to start the development of regional industry?
- Certainly. Legislation has recently started to focus a little on industrial policy - this is a huge plus. Five years ago, and this was not. But this is absolutely not enough. We need to move to strategic indicative planning in industry as the main type of planning, so the new federal law on the general layout of productive forces and industry on the territory of the Russian Federation should be the central legislative instrument, which must be updated annually and become an integral part of strategic planning and the annual budget Russian Federation.- Thank You for the interview!
07.05.2018 MEF-2018: Conference No. 8
07.05.2018 MEF-2018: Conference No. 4
07.05.2018 MEF-2018: Conference No.3
07.05.2018 MEF-2018: Conference No. 2
07.05.2018 MEF-2018: Conference No.1
26.04.2018 McConnell Discusses Information Warfare
20.04.2018 MEF-2018: closing plenary session